Welcome to That Old House

Thank you for finding That Old House amidst the chaos of the Internet. Yes, that is our house in the header.
This blog named itself. When I tell local people where we live, they almost always say, "Oh! You live in that old house!"
We do, and I'm glad you've come to visit -- Cass

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spelunking for Stuff

On Monday, on a chance visit to a charity thrift shop,
I bought two pieces of furniture.
Today my friend Emily and I will go to Gladstone, New Jersey, and pick them up.

No pictures yet.  There will be.

But I picked up a few other things at the thrift, including this brass cachepot:

I love the patina -- very bronze-y.

I love the design -- very Arts & Crafts, Greene Brothers, almost William Morris-y looking.

Well, at least I think so.
I bought it for the booth; I just may keep it.

Something else I am undecided whether to keep or sell is this:

It's not very old -- from the 1970s.  
Which to someone my age is pretty much yesterday.

Creamy white china, in 3 parts -- base, tureen, lid -- and just so different.  
Funky.
Like the 70s.

This belonged to Emily's grandma, who is downsizing.

So . . . have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!  Emily and I will be nosing out other bargains in the good old Dirty Jerz.  -- Cass

6 comments:

  1. Nice pot!! You have a good eye. The tureen is pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a Pillowcase Giveaway ! !
    Stop By before 3/10 & leave a comment...
    Have a Great Day!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tureen is a beauty...I think I would keep that!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, Cass. Look forward to seeing the furniture. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the 70s is not that long ago to us, but .... When I think about how as a child I thought the 30s-40s were just ancient .... that would make the 70s the dark ages in today's time. Maybe if I were a child again. For us, just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup - the 70's seem not so long ago, but for many of the people with whom I work, it is ancient history!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting That Old House; it's always exciting to find new comments -- they are treasured! Because of increasing spam, I have reluctantly eliminated "Anonymous" commenting. Legitimate anonymous commenters, please forgive me! You might try using "Open ID" instead. Blogger's spam software worked for a good long time, but, sadly, no longer.